1/1 Photo of Onion and Rosemary Focaccia (No-Knead)
Galley Wench's Note:
NOTE: The following are the baking instruction to be used to make focaccia with No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia). The ultimate Tuscan hor d'oeuvre or serve with soup, salad or pasta. The key to sucess is to go light on the onions; If you completely cover the surface with onions the focaccia will not brown properly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces refrigerated bread dough (see Recicpe #387518)
- 1Use the refrigerated pre-mixed dough for No-Knead Flatbreads No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia).
- 2Twenty minutes before baking place an empty broilter tray or cast iron skillet on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- 3Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 4Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or silicon mat), or grease with olive oil; set aside.
- 5Remove the Olive Oil Flatbread dough (No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia)) from the refrigerator. Lighly dust the surface with flour and cut off a 1 pound (grapefruit size) piece.
- 6With lightly floured hands quickly shape dough into a ball by streching the surface of the dough around to the bottom on all four sides, rotating the ball a quarter turn as you go.
- 7With a minimal amount of flour, flatten the dough into a 1/2 to 3/4 inch round, using your hands or a rolling pin.
- 8Place dough on the prepared cookie sheet.
- 9Saute the onions in 2 tablespoons olive oil until soft, but not browned.
- 10Mix in minced garlic.
- 11Sparingly scatter the onions over the surface of the dough. You should be able to easily see the dough's surface.
- 12Sprinkle with rosemary, coarse salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- 13Lightly drizzle olive oil over the surface, approximately 1 teaspoon.
- 14Set dough aside for 20 minutes to rest.
- 15Place the focaccia on the center rack of the oven.
- 16Pour 1 cup of hot tap water into broiler tray or cast iron skillet and quickly close the door.
- 17Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, watching carefully that the onions do not burn.
- 18Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Rosemary Focaccia (No-Knead)
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.8
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated bread dough