Osso Bucco Alla Milanese Categories: Meats, Italian
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole veal shanks
- to taste flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushroom, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped (ripe)
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 anchovy, mashed (optional)
- 6 cups rice, cooked (1 cup = 1 serving)
- 1Cut two veal shanks into 2-inch pieces.
- 2Roll shanks in flour and saute in butter over high heat until brown on all sides.
- 3Add salt, pepper, celery, onion, carrots, mushrooms, tomato, sage, and rosemary.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and braise for 10 minutes.
- 5Add white wine. Cover and gently simmer for 2 ho urs.
- 6The liquid should barely cover the meat. Just before serving, stir in the gremolada.
- 7This consists of the grated lemon rind, parsley, anchovy, and garlic. Serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Osso Bucco Alla Milanese
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 855.9
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 478.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of