Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the recipe to use up your bumper crop of tomatoes – any kind will work. I don’t bother peeling the tomatoes so this is extra easy to do. And absolutely no seeding the tomatoes! The juices are what make the incredibly fresh tasting sauce and you save even more time.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut tomatoes into 1-inch chunks, discarding the cores. Place tomatoes in a large bowl. Mix in the olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt, basil and pepper.
- Pour into an oven-proof baking dish just large enough to hold the chopped tomato in a shallow layer. Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, stirring lightly just once about halfway. The tomato should cook down to soft chunks and the juices should roast until slightly thickened (it will thicken a little as it cools down). If you don’t like tomato peel, pull out the pieces that stick out at this point.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and return to the hot pot. Pour in the roasted tomatoes and the juices, plus the cheeses. Mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh basil.
Very easy and yummy, too! A great way to use those wonderful summer tomatoes and fesh basil. Used the ricotta but would consider it optional. Thanks for sharing the recipe!