Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A touch of cream gives this slightly tangy sauce a silky-smooth finish. Be sure to serve this dish with yummy-crust hot bread so you can sop up every drop of sauce. Found this in Cooking Light, January of 2003 but have not tried it yet.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked linguine
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 lb large scallop
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- chopped cilantro
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup(about 5 mins).
- Drain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
- Return wine mixture to skillet.
- Add cream; cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add butter stirring until butter melts.
- Stir in tomato, cilantro, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add linguine; toss well.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle scallops with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange scallops in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Add scallops to pasta mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
After I discovered my husband didn't like scallops, I replaced them with some shrimp and crab meat and it was still fabulous. I had to double the serving size since my Father and Daughter joined us for dinner and they couldn't stop raving about it. I'm not a great cook, so that was a huge ego boost! My husband is diabetic and this recipe did not adversely affect his sugar levels.
EXCELLENT! I prepared this as our Valentine's Day dinner, and Hubby and I both loved it. The sauce is slightly tangy from the wine reduction, but lightly creamy and still very fresh with the chopped tomatoes. We will have this again. Thanks for posting.