My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) panettone (crusts trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1BREAD PUDDING:.
- 2Lightly butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- 3Arrange the cut bread cubes in prepared dish.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, and sugar to blend; add the vanilla and salt.
- 5Pour the custard over the bread crumbs and press to gently submerge.
- 6Let stand for 30 minutes, occasionally pressing the bread cubes into the custard mixture (can be prepared 2 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate).
- 7Bake in a 350°F oven till the pudding puffs and is set in the center, about 45 minutes.
- 8Cool slightly.
- 9Spoon into bowls, drizzle with warm syrup and serve.
- 10CINNAMON SYRUP:.
- 11Combine the water and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan.
- 12Bring to boil over high heat stirring till the sugar dissolve; continue boiling until it reduces to 1 cup--about 10 minutes.
- 13Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream and cinnamon.
- 14Keep warm till ready to serve (can be made ahead, cool, refrigerate but re-warm before serving.).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panettone Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.8
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 285.4 mg
- Sodium 166.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 62.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: