Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Panettone is so good. Recipe is by Giada on the Food Network which I added the vanilla and salt. I love bread pudding and if you use leftover Panettone, it is yummy. Serve it with a simple syrup.
- BREAD PUDDING:.
- Lightly butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Arrange the cut bread cubes in prepared dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, and sugar to blend; add the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the custard over the bread crumbs and press to gently submerge.
- Let stand for 30 minutes, occasionally pressing the bread cubes into the custard mixture (can be prepared 2 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate).
- Bake in a 350°F oven till the pudding puffs and is set in the center, about 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Spoon into bowls, drizzle with warm syrup and serve.
- CINNAMON SYRUP:.
- Combine the water and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat stirring till the sugar dissolve; continue boiling until it reduces to 1 cup--about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream and cinnamon.
- Keep warm till ready to serve (can be made ahead, cool, refrigerate but re-warm before serving.).