This comes via 500 All Time Great Recipes. Sometimes instead of bacon, I have used leftover ham or bologna sausage. I have also added in leftover peas.
- Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water, for 6-8 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes, then add the mushrooms and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and reserve.
- Lightly beat the eggs and cream together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- When the noodles are cooked, drain well and return to the pan.
- Add the bacon/mushroom mixture and any pan juices and stir into the pasta.
- Pour in the egg/ cream mixture and half the Parmesan cheese.
- Stir well and as you do this the eggs will cook in the heat of the noodles.
- Pile on to warmed serving plates, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and garnish with basil.