1/5 Photos of Pasta Carbonara
This comes via 500 All Time Great Recipes. Sometimes instead of bacon, I have used leftover ham or bologna sausage. I have also added in leftover peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water, for 6-8 minutes or until al dente.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes, then add the mushrooms and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- 3Turn off the heat and reserve.
- 4Lightly beat the eggs and cream together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 5When the noodles are cooked, drain well and return to the pan.
- 6Add the bacon/mushroom mixture and any pan juices and stir into the pasta.
- 7Pour in the egg/ cream mixture and half the Parmesan cheese.
- 8Stir well and as you do this the eggs will cook in the heat of the noodles.
- 9Pile on to warmed serving plates, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and garnish with basil.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.5
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 310.9 mg
- Sodium 608.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.3 g