Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Roma tomatoes may be used in place of the canned I would however suggest to blanch the tomatoes and remove the peel before using in the recipe.
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices thick bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (or use 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped)
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat (or omit the butter and use a non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray) add in spinach and cook stirring until spinach wilts, remove to a bowl.
- Add in chopped bacon; cook until crisp (about 3 minutes) remove the bacon to the plate with the spinach; set aside (reserve about 1 tablespoon bacon fat in the skillet).
- Add in onion to the drippings and cook for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add in garlic and chili flakes; cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add in wine and drained diced tomatoes; cook stirring over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, then remove the skillet from heat.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente (omitting any salt and fat to the pot); Drain well then immediately add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet.
- Add in the spinach and bacon; stir well to combine, then place the skillet over low heat.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; add to the pasta; cook over low heat tossing for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste and salt if desired.
- Remove from heat sprinkle the top with fresh parsley.
- Serve with more Parmesan cheese.