Pasta with bean and pesto. From an Italian cooking magazine. Very tasty dish, a crowd pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 5 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1/2 lb bacon, cubed
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 lb gemelli pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/2 lb green beans, young
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 6 tomatoes, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 lb parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1Cut the ends of the green beans.
- 2Saute onions over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 a cup of water, heat and then add the canellini beans. Mix gently for a minute until the water is reduced.
- 3Add bacon and cook for about 2-3 minutes; finally add tomatoes salt and pepper to taste.
- 4In a blender or food processor mix 3 Tbs olive oil, pesto, half of the Parmesan cheese and the pine nuts.
- 5In a large pot boil pasta according to package directions; add the potatoes to the pasta and in the last 3 minutes add the green beans.
- 6Drain on a colander and add to the pan with the tomatoes mix.
- 7Mix well, add the pesto and mix again. If necessary add a little bit of the cooking water.
- 8Pour on a serving bowl, sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan cheese and decorate with basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Con Fagioli E Pesto Rinforzato
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 873.3
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 819.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: