Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from _Jamie's Italy_ by Jamie Oliver.
Make and share this Pasta E Ceci (Jamie Oliver) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, trimmed and finely chopped (include celery leaves if possible)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 1⁄2 ounces ditalini (or other small soup pasta)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a large skillet or soup pot over medium-low heat, and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Saute the onion, celery, celery leaves, and garlic, covered, until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, chickpeas and stock and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until the chickpeas are soft. Remove half the chickpeas with a slotted spoon, and purée the remaining soup in a blender, through a food mill, or with an immersion blender. Return the purée and reserved chickpeas to the pot, and add the pasta.
- Cook until the pasta is tender, adding boiling water if necessary to loosen. Season to taste with salt and pepper and the lemon juice. Serve with parsley or basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.