Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very versatile sweet dough...use with Almond Tart recipe which is among mine posted. From a booklet given to me by Alitalia Airlines.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and zest.
- Cut in the butter, until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and toss the mixture until incorporated.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead very lightly, forming into a disk.
- Chill, wrapped in plastic at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Let the dough stand at room temperature until softened, but still firm enough to roll out.