Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very versatile sweet dough...use with Almond Tart recipe which is among mine posted. From a booklet given to me by Alitalia Airlines.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and zest.
- Cut in the butter, until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and toss the mixture until incorporated.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead very lightly, forming into a disk.
- Chill, wrapped in plastic at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Let the dough stand at room temperature until softened, but still firm enough to roll out.
I made this pastry for an apple/rhubarb/cherry pie (I used "Strawberry Rhubarb Pie") for afternoon tea at work. It was devoured.......a great hit and all gone in no time flat........everyone wanted the recipe for the wonderful pastry......I will use this again...thanks for posting.....Jenny B