Add as much heat as you wish, very good pasta! from B H & G
Make and share this Pasta Rosa-Verde recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta or 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped, about 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups arugula or 3 cups watercress or 3 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola or 2 tablespoons other blue cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat till onion is tender.
- Add tomato, salt, black pepper and if desired crushed red pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat about 2 minutes or till the tomatoes are warm and release some of their juices.
- Stir arugula, watercress, or spinach, and heat just till greens are wilted.
- To serve, divide pasta among individual serving bowls.
- Top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or almonds and the cheese.