1/1 Photo of Pasta Rosa-Verde
Add as much heat as you wish, very good pasta! from B H & G
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta or 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped, about 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups arugula or 3 cups watercress or 3 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola or 2 tablespoons other blue cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- 2Cover and keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat till onion is tender.
- 4Add tomato, salt, black pepper and if desired crushed red pepper.
- 5Cook and stir over medium high heat about 2 minutes or till the tomatoes are warm and release some of their juices.
- 6Stir arugula, watercress, or spinach, and heat just till greens are wilted.
- 7To serve, divide pasta among individual serving bowls.
- 8Top with tomato mixture.
- 9Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or almonds and the cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Rosa-Verde
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 653.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 8.1 g