Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This looks like a great summer salad... and no mayo! Haven't tried it yet. From epicurious web site.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb fusilli
- 12 ounces tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese, drained,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 3 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup minced pitted oil-cured black olive
- Blend first 5 ingredients in processor till tomatoes are coarsely chopped and set dressing aside.
- Cook pasta till tender but still firm to bite, drain, transfer to large bowl.
- Add dressing to hot pasta, toss to coat.
- Cool pasta, stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, parmesan and olives, toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 6 hours ahead.
- Cover, chill.
- Bring to room temp.
- before serving.
This got rave reviews from a wedding shower group.Double the amount of mozzarella and definitely use the fresh or buffalo mozzarella it makes all the difference. The dressing is soooooo flavorful. I made extra maybe like one and a half times the amount called for in the recipe and used it all in the salad.
I like this pasta salad. It's easy to make and delicious. I added some extra garlic to the dressing and sprinkled some toasted pine nuts over the pasta salad. Will definitely repeat this one. Thanks for another great recipe Yogi!
Great Pasta Salad, but a lot of work to make in the kitchen. I would allow for at least an hour on this one, this is not a time friendly recipe.