1/1 Photo of Pasta Sauce Delicioso
1 hr 15 mins
The Mad Slovak's Note:
This is a recipe that I came up with that hopefully you will enjoy. I tweaked and re-tweaked it a few times before I came up with the final version which my family, friends and I really like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan/pot, on medium high burner, slowly bring all ingredients (except the vinegar) to a boil, then set burner on medium low.
- 2Simmer the sauce COVERED for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 3Simmer for another 1/2 hour UNCOVERED, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add and stir in the vinegar 5 minutes before done.
- 5Remove the bay leaf.
- 6Unused sauce can be frozen.
- 7Note: This sauce is a bit on the tart side. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, gradually stir in sugar to taste until it is to your liking.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Sauce Delicioso
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 437.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g