Karen's Krazy Kitchen's Note:
This is a delicious, fast and easy dish to prepare. The key is to have everything prepped, because it comes together really fast. Cut back on the red pepper flakes if you don't like things too hot but do add at least a pinch.
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- kosher salt or sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked pasta water
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1Boil a large pot of water, add lots of salt, cook the pasta until al dente, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain.
- 2While waiting for the water to boil, mince the garlic, chop the basil and parsley and grate the cheese.
- 3While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil to medium low in a large, deep skillet and sauté the garlic and red pepper flakes for about 8 minutes (do not let the garlic brown, it should be golden).
- 4Take 1/2 cups of cooked pasta water and add it to the garlic mixture.
- 5Drain the pasta, add it and the chopped herbs to the garlic mixture and toss well.
- 6Place the pasta in a large serving bowl and add the grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- 7Toss well and adjust to your taste. You might like to add a little more olive oil, red pepper, salt or pepper.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Bread Crumbs, Cheese, Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.1
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 480.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 26.9 g