Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious, fast and easy dish to prepare. The key is to have everything prepped, because it comes together really fast. Cut back on the red pepper flakes if you don't like things too hot but do add at least a pinch.
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- kosher salt or sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cooked pasta water
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Boil a large pot of water, add lots of salt, cook the pasta until al dente, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain.
- While waiting for the water to boil, mince the garlic, chop the basil and parsley and grate the cheese.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil to medium low in a large, deep skillet and sauté the garlic and red pepper flakes for about 8 minutes (do not let the garlic brown, it should be golden).
- Take 1/2 cups of cooked pasta water and add it to the garlic mixture.
- Drain the pasta, add it and the chopped herbs to the garlic mixture and toss well.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl and add the grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- Toss well and adjust to your taste. You might like to add a little more olive oil, red pepper, salt or pepper.