1/2 Photos of Pasta With Chicken and Asparagus
Chef Kate's Note:
A delightful pasta which I clipped out of the Times about 25 years ago and it is still a great meal--just add salad, wine and dessert. Broccoli can be substituted for the asparagus; other blue veined cheeses for the gorgonzola--though the gorgonzola does melt so beautifully into the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 453.59 g asparagus spear, fresh
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 340.19 g fettuccine (or linguini)
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 44.37 ml shallots, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 1 small chili pepper (or 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes(or to taste)
- 0.59 ml nutmeg, freshly grated
- 113.39 g gorgonzola
- 29.58 ml fresh tarragon, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 118.29 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1Remove all sinew and cartilege from the chicken breast and cut into strips about 1 and 1/2 inches long and a half inch wide.
- 2Scrape and trim the asparagus, discarding any tough ends, and cut on the diagonal into one and half lengths.
- 3Drop the asparagus into rapidly boiling water and cook for just a few moments--they should still be crisp--and drain and reserve, keeping warm.
- 4Cook the pasta in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente and drain and reserve, keeping warm.
- 5Heat the butter in a casserole and add the chicken strips, stirring and seasoning with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, cooking less than a minute, until the chicken just begins to change color.
- 6Add the asparagus and stir.
- 7Add the shallots and cook briefly, about 30 seconds.
- 8Add the cream, hot red pepper (or pepper flakes) and the tarragon and stir.
- 9Break the gorgonzola cheese into small lumps and add it, cooking just until the cheese melts.
- 10Add a generous grinding of black pepper and the tarragon and stir.
- 11Add the drained pasta and toss well.
- 12Serve with grated parmesan on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Chicken and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.8
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 262.8 mg
- Sodium 699.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 53.1 g