Prep 6 mins
Cook 11 mins
Easy one dish meal ready in 20 minutes.
Make and share this Pasta With Chicken and Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces whole wheat pasta (I like ziti)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or tenders)
- 1 -2 roasted red pepper (I buy from the deli)
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- olive oil (I used chili infused variety)
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat pesto sauce (store bought for ease)
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Start water to boil in large pot. Meanwhile cube chicken. Chop peppers. Slice mushrooms and olives.
- Cook pasta al dente. Last three minutes of cooking add broccoli.
- Meanwhile in skillet saute chicken, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil. Should take about 7-9 minutes and will be ready when pasta is ready.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and return to pot. Add cooked chicken and mushrooms to pasta along with peppers and olives. Add cheese, pesto, and seasonings and additional olive oil if needed. Toss well.