Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just made this, and i thought it was worth keeping. Plllease give me some ideas for this. I think it could use more veggies. Lemme know what you guys came up with!
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta (Add more pasta, or use a different kind if you desire.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 (24 ounce) jar vodka sauce (I used Bertolli)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add chicken and cook through, but i suggest not browning it.
- Add mushrooms and Vodka Sauce. Use the milk to "clean out" more of the sauce out of the jar, and add to your mixture.
- Stir in parmesean cheese.
- Let the sauce mixture cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in frozen peas and cook for another 5 minutes, or until peas are heated.
- Pour sauce mixture over your cooked pasta, or mix them together.
- Serve with more grated parmesean, garlic bread, etc.
I omitted the mushrooms and the peas. I added lots sautéed garlic, fresh cooked spinach, chopped up chicken and a little olive oil in a pan cooking till done. I tossed 3/4 of the sauce with the cooked spaghetti and plated it in the fancy twist thing chefs do and then spooned a little extra sauce over at the end and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Looked lovely...kids devoured it.! Winner...yummy!
Good basic recipe, but I like to saute garlic and onion, with fresh not canned mushrooms and add fresh spinach, also I dont care much for the peas in this recipe. Also I grill the chicken breast and top the pasta with it and with parmesan cheese.
I made this for my daughter and her family. I was not pleased with it. I followed the recipe exactly. I thought it definitely lacked something in the taste and definitely lacked eye appeal. I asked my daughter how they liked it and the reply was "it was alright". I don't think I will do this again. If I do I will definitely make a lot of changes. Of course then it won't be the same recipe anymore.