1/3 Photos of Pasta With Pancetta, Broccoli or Broccoli Rabe and Pine Nuts
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Pappardelle - wide, ribbon-like pasta - is dressed with pancetta, broccoli and Pecorino Romano cheese with a lovely result. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and flattened
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 bunch broccoli or 1 large broccoli rabe, stems sliced 1/2-inch thick, tops cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package dried pappardelle pasta
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese, plus additional for serving
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until golden brown, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- 2Discard garlic. Add onion, pancetta and fennel seeds to skillet; sauté until onion is tender and pancetta begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add crushed red pepper (if using), then broccoli stems and cook 4 minutes to soften slightly, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli tops, sprinkle with salt, and add 1 cup water. Cover and cook until stems and tops are tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- 4Add pasta to skillet with broccoli and stir over low heat to combine, adding reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls to moisten if necessary. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 cup cheese. Season to taste wtih salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- 5Transfer to large shallow bowl. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve, passing additional grated cheese separately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Pancetta, Broccoli or Broccoli Rabe and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.2
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 58.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese