Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Nigel Slater recipe, very easy and very yummy. You can also add some onion and garlic to the recipe of you like. The ingredients listed are as stated by Nigel, but I think it only needs 2 tablespoons of mustard but that's just a personal preference.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large deep skillet. Add the sausage meat and brown over moderately high heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, mustard and crushed red pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the pasta and basil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with some parmesan. Serve immediately with some lovely crusty bread.