Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a dish I love to make with garden-fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. It is a delicous light spring/summer meal. Be sure to use a good quality olive oil and freshly grated cheeses.
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups penne rigate, cooked and drained
- Mix tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, 1/4 cup of the Romano, basil, garlic and oil.
- Add to hot pasta in large bowl; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.