William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A very easy recipe to make and is very tasty. Found a recipe similar to this one several years ago and made my own modifications to achieve a nice flavor. This recipe doubles very well, but be careful when igniting the Vodka. I suggest that the Vodka and cayenne pepper be burned in separte batches, then combine together before continuing with the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pasta pot or a large cooking pot, fill 3/4 full with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 3Add pasta and cook uncovered for about 12 minutes or until el dente'.
- 4DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- 5In the meantime, in a medium size frying pan, heat Vodka and cayenne pepper until near boiling.
- 6CAREFULLY light the Vodka using a long stick match and let the alcohol burn off.
- 7USE CAUTION.
- 8Soon as the alcohol burns out, add the milk, heavy cream and ketchup.
- 9Simmer until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 10Add 1/4 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and stir to blend.
- 11Cook for 2 minutes longer.
- 12Drain pasta well and transfer to a large bowl.
- 13Pour sauce mixture over and toss to coat.
- 14Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and mix lightly.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Rigatti Ala Vodka
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.5
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 2050.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 21.9 g