1/4 Photos of Penne Russo a La Vodka With Basil Cream Sauce
An American in Spain's Note:
This receipe was adapted from Marianne. It is a rich dinner, elegant enough to be served at a dinner party. I serve it with an individual anti-pasta salad as a first course and crusty french bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces prosciutto (or any other cured ham such as Seranno or Virginia, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped finely
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 fluid ounces vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling lightly salted water for about 8-10 minutes or until al dente and then drain.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- 3Saute garlic, prosciutto, and red pepper flakes for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in vodka and cream and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in Parmesan and chopped basil.
- 7Add pasta and toss until evenly coated.
- 8Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Russo a La Vodka With Basil Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 874.3
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 482.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: