Two of my favorite vegetables and pasta are included in this dish! It's healthy for you, too. Recipe is from Barilla.
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) boxwhole grain penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 sprig fresh rosemary (can use dried)
- 3 1⁄3 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 1⁄2 cups domestic mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth, heated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, gently press garlic cloves with the flat of your knife.
- Place the garlic in a skillet with olive oil and rosemary and saute for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cabbage and mushrooms, saute for 5 minutes, then add wine.
- Continue cooking until the wine has evaporated; add hot chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the skillet.
- Drain pasta and toss with butter and sauce.
- Add cheese and parsley and toss again.