1/2 Photos of Penne With Cabbage and Mushrooms
Two of my favorite vegetables and pasta are included in this dish! It's healthy for you, too. Recipe is from Barilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box whole grain penne pasta
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 sprig fresh rosemary (can use dried)
- 3 1/3 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 1/2 cups domestic mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth, heated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, gently press garlic cloves with the flat of your knife.
- 3Place the garlic in a skillet with olive oil and rosemary and saute for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- 4Add cabbage and mushrooms, saute for 5 minutes, then add wine.
- 5Continue cooking until the wine has evaporated; add hot chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove the garlic cloves from the skillet.
- 7Drain pasta and toss with butter and sauce.
- 8Add cheese and parsley and toss again.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Cabbage and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 472.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: