Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this back in 2002 from fitpregnancy magazine. I have made this numerous times and enjoy the wonderful flavors. I'm not one for whole wheat pasta so I use regular. Hope you enjoy this easy delicious dinner. Serve with a nice side salad and crispy bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large yellow peppers, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- kosher salt, coarse to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb whole wheat penne
- 10 ounces frozen baby peas
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated, divided
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add oil and garlic; cook until garlic turns golden, about 1 minute. Add peppers, broth, salt and pepper flakes. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook penne according to package directions. When penne is cooked, add frozen peas and stir. Drain penne and peas. Add penne, peas, prosciutto and basil to pepper mixture in skillet. Gently toss to mix; season with salt and red pepper to taste.
- Top each portion with grated Romano cheese and serve.