Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple week night meal. This a is light and healthy vegetarian dish that will satisfy.
Make and share this Penne With Spinach and Two Cheeses recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 more minutes. Add the cooked pasta and toss.
- Add the cheeses, salt, pepper, and the pasta cooking liquid and stir to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving plate, top with pine nuts, and serve.
Simple and fast, but very tasty. I didn't have cherry tomatoes, so I cut up some Roma tomatoes instead. I kept the heat in the pan pretty low, so the spinach wilted, but didn't fall apart. Thanks for this quick weeknight recipe.
Great way to use up some fresh spinach. Very easy to assemble with good flavor. :)
This was excellent. I didn't have cherry tomatoes. Still good, and I'm not a fan of mixing fruits or nuts with my food so I skipped that too. Never the less I really enjoyed this and it will become a regular at my house