Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Looking for an Italian type dish that's easy on the pocket and still is quick, tasty and filling? Well, look no further this is it. And I bet that you already have most of the ingredients you need for this recipe. To make this a complete meal, serve with your favorite garlic bread and a salad.
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 (4 ounce) chicken breast halves (2- 4oz raw)
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet )
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices, cut into thin strips
- In a small shallow dish beat together milk and egg, set aside.
- In a medium sized shallow dish, combine 1/2 cup flour, 2 1/2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered mustard, and garlic powder, set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts until 1/4 inch thickness is reached.
- Dip chicken into egg/milk wash coating both sides.Then dredge chicken into flour mixture, making sure both sides of chicken are completely covered.
- In skillet large enough to hold both pieces, heat oil over medium heat, until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- In same skillet, mix together soup, milk, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard.
- Return chicken to pan, making sure both sides of chicken are coated with soup mixture.
- Top each piece of chicken with equal amounts sliced pepperoni.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- While chicken is simmering, cook noodles.
- After noodles are cooked, drain and divide equally among two plates.
- Top each plate of noodles with a pepperoni topped chicken breast.
- Enjoy :).
Mae for Dining on a $ Contest 2008. What a nice suprise this is. I love te addedpepperoni flavor to the chicken. Dh wasn't so sure when he aw it but tried it anyway and did like it. I followed directions exactly although I rarely fry anything. I can see this being done in a fry pan with Pam or Emerils spray in the furture or baked chicken in the oven. Then turn out into pan for remainder of recipe. This was so easy to make and again enjoyed very much. I also may tr again and add some tomatoe sauce to cover as it can add sme flavor to the pepperoni/cjicken flavors. Thank you chef for a make again meal.