Looking for an Italian type dish that's easy on the pocket and still is quick, tasty and filling? Well, look no further this is it. And I bet that you already have most of the ingredients you need for this recipe. To make this a complete meal, serve with your favorite garlic bread and a salad.
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 (4 ounce) chicken breast halves (2- 4oz raw)
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet )
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices, cut into thin strips
- In a small shallow dish beat together milk and egg, set aside.
- In a medium sized shallow dish, combine 1/2 cup flour, 2 1/2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered mustard, and garlic powder, set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts until 1/4 inch thickness is reached.
- Dip chicken into egg/milk wash coating both sides.Then dredge chicken into flour mixture, making sure both sides of chicken are completely covered.
- In skillet large enough to hold both pieces, heat oil over medium heat, until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- In same skillet, mix together soup, milk, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard.
- Return chicken to pan, making sure both sides of chicken are coated with soup mixture.
- Top each piece of chicken with equal amounts sliced pepperoni.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- While chicken is simmering, cook noodles.
- After noodles are cooked, drain and divide equally among two plates.
- Top each plate of noodles with a pepperoni topped chicken breast.
- Enjoy :).