This is easy to make, freezes well and adds a nice kick to almost any savory dish. Recipe is from Rachael Ray. You can mix this pesto with sour cream for a dip. Brush it onto grilled meats. Spread onto pizza crust. Beat into eggs before cooking. Or stir into vegetable soups.
- Using a food processor, finely chop the basil and garlic.
- Add the parmesan and pine nuts and pulse into a coarse paste.
- With the machine on, slowly add the olive oil until incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
My basil plant has gone crazy, so this was a welcome recipe to find! This is really great. I used coarse sea salt instead of regular. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT.
So delicious!! I had a bit of trouble blending to a paste in my black and decker small blender though. I actually left out the parmesan as I didn't have any. I used unrefined extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, plus the rest of the ingredients. I would make this again! Made for ZWT7 Italy, for my team Food.Commandos
Best pesto recipe ever! I only made a half batch because that's all the basil that was left in my garden. So simple to make and very flavorful. I love it on pasta with chicken, sauteed onions and mushrooms. Thanks!