From Woman's World Magazine 10/30/07
Make and share this Pesto Pasta Primavera With Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces long fusilli
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, preferably extra-large, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces yellow squash, halved lengthwise, diagonally cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 (7 ounce) container pesto sauce, about 3/4 cup
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved, about 1-1/2 cups
- 8 ounces bocconcini, halved (small mozzarella balls)
- 1 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Meanwhile, heat large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts; cook, stirring, until just golden, 1-2 minutes. Remove nuts from pan; reserve.
- In same skillet, heat oil. Add shrimp; cook, stirring, until just turning pink, 1-2 minutes. Add squash; cook until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. Add reserved cooking water and pesto, then snap peas and pasta; gently toss until well-coated and heated through. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes, bocconcini and basil. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.