Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is what I usually make and call Pesto Pasta.
Make and share this Pesto Pasta With Mushrooms, Onions, and Red Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 7 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, slivered
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and slivered
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 7 ounces pesto sauce
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onion until it starts to soften. Add the mushrooms and peppers and saute until tender.
- Add cooked spaghetti and pesto and combine well.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.
This was very good. I did add some minced garlic to the onions as I sauteed them. I used bowtie pasta, and sliced portobellas for the mushrooms and also added some pine nuts for a little added crunch. I also added a twist each of red pepper flakes and roasted garlic sea salt to finish. I used a little less pesto and added an equal amount of fat free half and half to make a creamier sauce. We sprinkled romano cheese at the table. So, I deviated from the recipe but the results were excellent!
Great and simple after work dinner. I made some vegan pesto and the entire meal was ready in about a half hour. Boiling the water took the longest!
Delicious. I love pesto, so had to give this a try. I used Catelli Harvest Sun Dried Tomato/Basil spaghettini, red onion and a yellow pepper that I needed to use up. Everything came together very nicely. :)