Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
No one has to know how simple and quick this recipe is to make. I usually have everything on hand, so it is wonderful for those last-minute dinner guests or late night suppers.
- 6 tablespoons butter (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup unflavored vodka
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Classico tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne or 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and vodka. Cook over medium heat just until you can't smell the vodka, about 5 minutes. Add the pasta sauce and cream, stirring until combined, and cook until heated.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Very good... I added 250gr of cooked ground veal and parmesan cheese. Also I added a touch of maple syrup in the final sauce because I think my tomato pasta sauce was a little bit acid. Maple syrup cut acidity very well. Thanks!
Wow! This really was fast and easy and tasted fantastic. I used my own sauce in the equivelent amount listed. I used rotini pasta so the yummy sauce would cling on better. I'll be making this often. Thanx!