1/7 Photos of Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti
Mmmm, biscotti. Pistachios and Cranberries are pretty....add the icing and they are a lovely treat. This recipe comes from Light and Tasty
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled
- 4 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1Place cranberries in a bowl and sprinkle with the orange juice.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- 4Beat in the vanilla.
- 5Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually mixing in to the creamed mixture.
- 6Stir in the pistachios and lemon peel.
- 7Drain the cranberries and stir in to the dough.
- 8On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into thirds.
- 9Shape each piece in to a 12 inch by 2 inch log.
- 10Place on a baking sheet covered with cooking spray.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- 12Cool for 5 minutes.
- 13Transfer to a cutting board, and cut each log into about 20 slices with a serrated knife (cut at an angle).
- 14Place the cut side down on baking sheet coated with cooking spray and bake for 12-15 minutes turning once.
- 15Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 16For the icing, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon peel in a small bowl. Stir in just enough milk until achieving a drizzling consistency.
- 17Drizzle over biscotti, and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.2
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 41.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g