1/2 Photos of Pistou Sauce or French Pesto ( Vegan )
Vino Girl's Note:
Pistou is the French version of pesto - there are no pine nuts and commonly the parmesan cheese is replaced with coarse salt. Use this any way you'd normally use Italian pesto! Adapted from The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen, by Donna Klein. This recipe was picked for the Freeze It recipe tag game, and I've added the OAMC instructions from Chef Mommy Needs Coffee and the OAMC Forum below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine everything in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 2Alternatively, you can finely chop the basil and mix it with the other ingredients.
- 3Serve on bread, pasta or pizza.
- 4OAMC --- To freeze: Place in a quart sized freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- 5To thaw: place in fridge overnight or place bag in a bowl of room temperature water for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistou Sauce or French Pesto ( Vegan )
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 779.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g