1/1 Photo of Pizza 'fondue' -- Fundido--
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
So easy and yummy. Kid and hubby pleasing comfort food in minutes! Faster even than making pizza or waiting for delivery! Makes a great appetizer or even a very satisfying meal! Make as healthy- or unhealthy- as you like! Add anything to the sauce - meat, veggie, etc... Very versatile and quick! We love to make it spicy by adding dried hot pepper flakes, jalapenos, green chilis or cayenne etc... World Tour Italy and Mexico/Tex/Mex/SW This can obviously be adjusted to be Italian or Tex/Mex by the additions used. FUNDIDO (melted cheese) is a popular appetizer in Tx/Mx cooking. To keep this more 'traditional' Mexican use Mexican oregano instead of Italian seasoning and Mexican cheeses like pepper jack or queso quesadilla and bolillos- Mexican crusty rolls. You could even add some cooked chorizo. To make it Italian- use the Italian seasoning and add any 'pizza' type toppings you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bread into cubes or strips and broil until browned and toasty.
- 2Spray a casserole or pie pan with cooking spray.
- 3Pour pizza sauce into pan and add seasonings. Stir to combine.
- 4Add any 'pizza toppings' you like at this point. See *Note.
- 5Top with cheeses.
- 6Place dish on bottom rack to cook while bread is browning or microwave until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
- 7Place under broiler to brown cheese if desired.
- 8Dip toasted bread into pan just like fondue! Kids have a blast doing this! Or spoon sauce on plate and dip.
- 9Note: Add anything you like to the sauce: chorizo, hamburger, pepperoni, veggies etc.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza 'fondue' -- Fundido--
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 965.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1864.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 46.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: