Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A pizza pasta casserole in a skillet. Kind of like a homemade Hamburger Helper. Quick, easy and a kid pleaser! I use turkey pepperoni to cut way down on the grease that regular pepperoni can release.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion and bell pepper, drain.
- Stir in pizza sauce and soup, blend well.
- Stir in water and pepperoni. Bring to a boil; stir in uncooked noodles.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Makes 5 (1 cup) servings.
Made this for dinner tonight and everyone enjoyed it. I substituted 1lb pork sausage for the ground beef to give it more of a pizza-y taste (definitely drain really well to avoid being greasy!!!). Also used quartered regular pepperoni and increased the amount to 1 cup. I used bow tie pasta because that's what I had on hand, but ended up increasing the water a little too much to make sure it cooked until tender...so next time I'll definitely try using a different shape (maybe rotini?) or try to find the mini lasagna noodles. Topped with Kraft's 4 Cheese Pizza Blend of shredded cheese and it really did taste even more like pizza than we expected it too. Not only a kid pleaser (the 3 year old cleaned her plate) but a whole family pleaser in our house. Thanks so much for posting...I'll be adding this to the rotation!
I've made this countless times since I stumbled upon the recipe! It's my FAVORITE go to. I've used all kinds of pastas, sauces and pepperoni's, and to be honest... sticking as close to the recipe given turns out the best. I found the leaner the beef the better, and I didn't add as much green pepper.
This was really easy to put together on a week night!! Family loved and I will be making this again for sure!!