1/2 Photos of Pizzelle Dessert Cups
Pizzelles (pronounced Pitt-SELLS) are Italian cookies that are baked in an electric appliance that looks something like a waffle iron. Normally they are left in a flat shape, but with this recipe, you shape the hot cookies over a small-bottomed glass to create a cup shape. These crisp dessert cups are the perfect holder for a scoop of chocolate mousse or a fruit granita. This is a spectacular finish for any meal, but especially for an Italian meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Plug in pizzelle iron and allow it to heat while you are making the batter.
- 2Batter: Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- 3Drop a tablespoon of the batter onto the hot iron (sprayed with non-stick spray). Allow to cook 1 minute.
- 4Remove hot cookie from iron and press it over a small-bottomed glass in order to create a cup shape.
- 5Allow cups to cool thoroughly; store in an airtight container to maintain crispness.
- 6Use these cups to hold chocolate mousse, pudding, ice cream, or a fruit granita.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizzelle Dessert Cups
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 12.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g