A light and crunchy Italian cookie. I've never been a big fan of anise, so I make mine with a light lemon flavor instead. You'll need a pizzelle iron to make these. They're a family favorite here!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a nonstick pizzelle iron.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Slowly add the sugar and continue whisking until well blended.
- 3Whisk in the extracts. Slowly whisk in the melted butter in a steady stream and continue whisking until mixture is smooth.
- 4Slowly add the flour and continue to whisk until it is completely incorporated into the batter.
- 5Drop 1 TBSP batter onto center of each side of your pizzelle iron, close and clasp. Cook for 30-60 seconds depending on your iron.
- 6Remove with a small spatula and cool completely.
- 7Repeat with remaining batter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizzelles (Classic Italian Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 41.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g