Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light and crunchy Italian cookie. I've never been a big fan of anise, so I make mine with a light lemon flavor instead. You'll need a pizzelle iron to make these. They're a family favorite here!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat a nonstick pizzelle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Slowly add the sugar and continue whisking until well blended.
- Whisk in the extracts. Slowly whisk in the melted butter in a steady stream and continue whisking until mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add the flour and continue to whisk until it is completely incorporated into the batter.
- Drop 1 TBSP batter onto center of each side of your pizzelle iron, close and clasp. Cook for 30-60 seconds depending on your iron.
- Remove with a small spatula and cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Very Crispy! I made them with Orange Extract in place of the Lemon, and they were spectacular!