Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Serve with Beer Braised Pot Roast, Beer-Braised Pot Roast and Vegetables With Polenta.
Make and share this Polenta recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the water, 2 1/2 cups of the milk, the garlic, bay leaf, salt, and pepper in a large, heavy saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in the polenta and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook uncovered, stirring often with a large wooden spoon, until smooth and creamy, 35 to 40 minutes, adding the additional 1/4 cup milk as needed if the mixture gets too thick.
- Add the butter and cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaf.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve immediately.
Very nice! I 1/2'ed the recipe and the proportions worked well. We served it with Slow cooked Short ribs and the meal was great, for dinner for our Michigan early Spring nights.
The flavor is good. I would make one correction to the recipe: Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and pour the polenta into when it's done. Chill and let the polenta set up. Then you can slice it and grill it and do other creative things with it; and the texture is more agreeable.
I made this to go with Ratatouille and it was EXCELLENT. I stood around basically dipping out of the pot with a spoon while it was thickening. I did add a couple extra tablespoons of cheese and some extra polenta (I like mine thick). Neither hurt the recipe.