3 hrs 15 mins
I positively love this recipe! This is for when you really need a yummy and impressive appetizer! Based on a recipe from Michele Anna Jordan's book, Polenta. She says, "Of all the various toppings we tried with this crust, this was by far everyone's favorite. There is a tradition of sweet focaccia, an Italian flat bread not exactly the same, yet not entirely unlike pizza, and one version calls for grapes. Here, in this polenta version, mild and creamy Brie complements the sweet grapes, and toasted walnuts provide additional flavor and texture." This recipe calls for a baking stone; mine goes into a cold oven and gets preheated with the oven. Preparation time includes 2 1/2 hours rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 7/8 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fine-ground polenta
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces brie cheese, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup red flame grapes, sliced in half (or other seedless red grape)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- 1Combine yeast with 1/4 cup warm water in medium mixing bowl and allow to set for 10 minutes.
- 2Stir in remaining water, olive oil, and salt; then mix in flour and polenta.
- 3Turn out the soft dough onto a floured work surface and knead for 7 minutes.
- 4Place the dough in a large, oiled bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Punch down, pat, or roll into a 10-inch circle, place on a pizza paddle, cover, and let rise for 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven with baking stone to 450°F.
- 7Brush dough with melted butter and layer Brie slices over the top.
- 8Scatter the grapes and walnuts over the Brie, and then sprinkle the sugar over all.
- 9Transfer pizza to a baking stone and bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges of the crust just begin to turn golden.
- 10Remove from oven; allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 11Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta Pizza With Brie and Red Grapes
Serving Size: 1 (831 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2024.3
- Calories from Fat 818
- Total Fat 90.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 2506.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 249.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 59.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: