Chef #250203's Note:
Easy, quick to prepare, and guaranted to impress, and best of all, delicious. Better than delicious. Incredible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 40 wonton skins
- 1 egg white
- 1Cook mushrooms in 1 1/2 C of the chicken broth and port for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving broth.
- 2Mince mushrooms in food processor.
- 3Saute 1/2 shallots and 1/2 garlic in 2 T oil until wilted. Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes. Add 1/4 C mushroom stock. Add 1 T parsley and 1/2 T sage. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook another minute to let stock absorb.
- 4Lay out 20 wonton skins on a dry surface (a clean counter or chopping block is fine). Put 1 T mushroom mixture in the center of each wonton. Paint edges of each wonton with egg white. Put another wonton on top and press to seal. Cut excess skin off each ravioli with a pizza cutter. Press edges to tighten seal. Let dry for 20 minutes.
- 5In a sauce pan, melt 1 T butter and 1 T oil. Saute shallots and garlic until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add remaining mushroom broth and reduce by half.
- 6Cook raviolis for 3 to 4 minutes, until al dente.
- 7While raviolis are cooking, finish sauce.
- 8Stir 1 T butter into sauce until melted. Stir in cream, alternating with chicken stock and sprinklings of cheese. Adjust sauce to keep from being too thick. Just before serving, add remaining parsley and sage and salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Plate the ravioli and drizzle sauce over it. Add additional cheese, if desired.
- 10Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Porcini Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.8
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 1562.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 22.2 g