Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe by by Mario Batali is fantastic and not that difficult. You will need kitchen string and a meat mallot. Adopted recipe 08/06
- Season each piece of pork on one side with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange zest, pecorino, and parsley.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture onto center of seasoned side of each pork piece.
- Starting at one end, carefully roll the pork to form a very thick'cigar'.
- Wind a long piece of string around the roll many times and secure with a knot.
- Repeat with remaining pieces Bake for about 4 hours in a 300 degree oven finish in sauce for about a 30 min Serve in a good Italian sauce or Meat Ragu.