1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This delicious stew recipe comes from "Williams-Sonoma Italian Favourites". The recipe suggests serving it over polenta but since I myself don't care for polenta, mashed potatoes make a good substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless pork blade roast, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- 2Add the pork and cook until evenly browned, about 6 minutes.
- 3Transfer the pork to a heavy saucepan.
- 4Adding more oil to the pan if needed, saute the onion over medium heat, stirring often, until browned, about 5 minutes, adding the garlic during the last 30 seconds.
- 5Add the vinegar and deglaze the pan by stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the pan bottom.
- 6Pour the liquid over the pork and season to taste with salt.
- 7Add the carrots, bay leaf, and enough wine and broth almost to cover.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the meat is tender, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 9About 15 minutes before the pork is done, stir in the tomatoes.
- 10Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 11Garnish with the parsley.
- 12Serve over polenta or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.1
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 134.1 mg
- Sodium 288.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 35.2 g