1/1 Photo of Pork With Sweet Onion Marmellata
2 hrs 10 mins
Delicious way to serve pork chops - I saw this recipe prepared by Giada DeLaurentis and had to try it! The whole family raved about it! The onions do take some time to cook down, but it is definately worth the time and patience! Please give this recipe a try - you won't be sorry! Don't let the number of steps scare you; this recipe is very very easy!
My Private Note
pork ch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or more to taste)
- 1For the onion marmellata, place a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the olive oil and the onions.
- 3Stir to combine and cook until starting to sizzle, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce the heat to low.
- 5Cover the pot and cook over low heat for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to scrape up any brown bits.
- 6The onions should be a soft, jam-like consistency and a deep mahogany color.
- 7For the pork chops, combine the rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- 8Using your fingers, work all the ingredients together until well combined.
- 9Rub the herb mixture over the pork chops. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve in the refrigerator.
- 10About 20 minutes before the onions are finished, remove the pork chops from the refrigerator.
- 11Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- 12Grill the pork chops to medium, about 7 minutes a side depending on thickness.
- 13To serve, spoon the onion marmellata over the pork chops. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork With Sweet Onion Marmellata
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 958.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 24.3 g