1/1 Photo of Potato and Smoked Salmon Lasagna
1 hr 25 mins
An elegant lasagna from chef Gary Danko that uses thin potato slices in place of the traditional lasagna noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium leek, white and tender green, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh wild mushroom, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb fresh spinach, tough stems discarded, leaves coarsely chopped
- coarse salt
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 3 lbs large red potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise 1/8 inch thick
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely or finely chopped (personal preference)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt the butter in a large, heavy skillet.
- 3Stir in the leek and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a large bowl and add the garlic and parsley.
- 6Wipe out the skillet.
- 7Add the spinach and toss over medium-high heat until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 8Stir the spinach into the mushrooms and season with coarse salt.
- 9In a small bowl, combine the clam juice, cream, tarragon and 1 tsp coarse salt.
- 10In a large bowl, rinse the potato slices in cold running water until the water runs clear.
- 11Drain the potato slices and pat dry.
- 12In a 9 X 13 inch non-reactive baking dish, arrange 1/3 of the potatoes, overlapping the slices.
- 13Spread ½ the spinach-mushroom mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with half of the smoked salmon.
- 14Repeat the process with another ½ the remaining potato slices and all the other ½ of the spinach-mushroom mixture.
- 15Cover with the last potato layer and pour the cream mixture evenly over the top.
- 16Cover the lasagne with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 17Uncover and bake for about 30 minutes longer, or until the potatoes are tender and golden.
- 18Note: The lasagne can be made 1 day ahead to this point; cover and refrigerate.
- 19Let return to room temperature, then rewarm in a 350F oven for about 30 minutes.
- 20Preheat the broiler.
- 21Broil the lasagne for about 1 minute, until the potatoes are crisp.
- 22Let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Smoked Salmon Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.1
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 424.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 13.8 g