1/1 Photo of Potato Gnocchi in Burnt Butter Sauce
Give us a cold, rainy day here at 'Avalon' and we'll say - gnocchi for lunch! It's quick, easy and tastes divine! We always keep some gnocchi on hand in the pantry - literally for a 'rainy day'! This recipe makes 2 generous serves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1TO COOK GNOCCHI Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- 2Add salt.
- 3Add gnocchi.
- 4Cook gnocchi just until it floats to the top- DO NOT OVERCOOK, this will only take a couple of minutes.
- 5Drain and divide gnocchi into serving bowls.
- 6TO COOK SAUCE Start preparing the sauce while the water for the gnocchi is coming to the boil.
- 7Melt butter in a small frypan over a medium heat.
- 8When the butter starts to foam, tip the pan often to check the colour of the butter.
- 9As soon as the butter begins to take on a golden brown tinge, add the garlic and sage.
- 10Give the mixture a stir, then remove the pan immediately from the heat.
- 11The sage and garlic will continue to cook in the heat of the butter and the pan, while you drain the gnocchi and divide it into serving bowls.
- 12Spoon the burnt butter sauce over the gnocchi, distributing the pieces of garlic and sage evenly.
- 13Using a spoon, turn the gnocchi over lightly in each bowl so that it is evenly covered with sauce.
- 14Sprinkle over parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Gnocchi in Burnt Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.4
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 4384.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves