1/3 Photos of Preposterously Paradisiacal Panini
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
This was the first panini I made on my grill/press and dayam, sam! That’s an impressive little machine! If you don’t have a panini press, you can use a brick well-wrapped in foil and a skillet, but it’s not nearly as much fun. ;o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil pesto (I highly recommend Kittencal's Perfect Pesto)
- 4 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 1 bunch arugula
- 12 slices black forest ham (uncured, if possible)
- olive oil
- 1Preheat panini grill.
- 2Cut a thin slice from the top of the loaf of ciabatta to make the top flat. Cut loaf into four sections. Then cut each section in half. You should end up with eight “slices” of bread for four sandwiches.
- 3Lightly baste the OUTSIDE of each slice of bread with olive oil.
- 4Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on the inside of 4 of the slices and mayonnaise, if using, on the inside of the other 4.
- 5Layer the following on top of each pesto layer: Several arugula leaves, 1 slice provolone, thin slices of tomato if using, and 3 slices of black forest ham. Cover with the other slice of bread and place on panini grill/press. Close press and grill for 2-4 minutes or until browned to your liking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Preposterously Paradisiacal Panini
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.5
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 1342.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: