The kids and I went on a sampling spree one time in Sam's Club. One gentleman was offering up these little bites of heaven. All three kids got up the nerve to try them. And all three kids wanted to go back for seconds! First time we had ever had prosciutto and we loved it. The gentleman was so impressed that all three of my kids enjoyed it, that he gave me the recipe so that I could make my own! Whether it is a fancy holiday party or a Superbowl party, these would go great!
- You want all the ingredients (other than the prosciutto and black pepper) to be around the same size.
- I buy the slices of havarti from the deli and cut them into four long slices. Then cut those strips in half widthwise. I then put two pieces into a roll.
- Cut the pear into quarters and core it. Then cut each quarter in four long thin slices. I end up with a few slices leftover but I consider those treats for the cook!
- At one end of a slice of prosciutto, place a cheese slice, a pear wedge and a pepper stick.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Roll up slices and secure with toothpick if necessary. I find that the meay sticks to itself usually well enough to not need toothpicks.
- After they are rolled up, you can cutthem in half if you would like a smaller bite.
- Refrigerate prior to serving and keep cool during serving.