1/1 Photo of Prosciutto Wrapped Endive W/ Balsamic Fig Reduction - Rachael Ra
I saw Rachael Ray preparing these on "30 Minute Meals" recently, then found endive on sale at Trader Joe's… I have the rest of the ingredients at home, so I couldn't resist! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the heads of endive, and quarter them lengthwise.
- 2Cut the sliced prosciutto in half on an angle across the center.
- 3Over medium-high temperature, heat a grill pan or large skillet.
- 4Season the prepared endive with salt and freshly ground pepper (I like tricolor peppercorns).
- 5Wrap each endive with a piece of sliced prosciutto, then brush each with the extra-virgin olive oil.
- 6Saute each on the grill pan or large skillet for 7 to 8 minutes, turning every couple of minutes, until the prosciutto is nicely crispy and the endive pieces are tender.
- 7While the vegetables and ham are cooking, begin the reduction sauce: place the chopped figs and vinegar into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat to medium and simmer sauce for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the figs are soft and the vinegar is nicely thick and syrupy.
- 9When endives are done, place attractively on a serving dish and drizzle the fig and balsamic reduction over them.
- 10Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto Wrapped Endive W/ Balsamic Fig Reduction - Rachael Ra
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: