Be sure to use 8 oz. chicken breast halves to keep the stuffing inside!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 oz. each)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces aged provolone cheese, grated
- 1 cup flour
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 1/2 cups fresh toasted breadcrumbs (or use Panko bread crumbs)
- 1In fry pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tsp oil. Cook pancetta until crispy. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Drain on paper towels. Transfer pancetta mixture to small bowl; stir in sage.
- 2Create pocket in each chicken breast by laying breast on a work surface with the pointed end away from you. Insert long paring knife in the center of the end closest to you (rounded end). Move the knife around to enlarge the opening; forming a pocket.
- 3Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Stuff each breast with 2 tbsp cheese and 1 tbsp pancetta mixture. Set chicken on wire rack-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- 4Put flour, egg whites and bread crumbs in separate breading pans. Dredge chicken in flour, then dip into egg whites anc coat evenly with bread crumbs, pressing so they adhere. Set chicken on wire rack-lined baking sheet; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 5In wide pan over high heat, heat 1 1/2 cups oil. Fry chicken in batches, 5-6 minutes. Turn chicken; reduce heat to medium. Cook until chicken is coated through, 7-8 minutes; add more oil if needed. Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provolone and Pancetta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1176.6
- Calories from Fat 684
- Total Fat 76.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 824.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: