I was looking for a very vegetable-y risotto with lots of colour, and put this one together from several recipes. You can sear the capsicum under a hot grill or open flame for an added taste kick, and omit the cheese when serving to make meal vegan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernel
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 100 g spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin, diced
- 1/4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shaved, to serve (optional)
- 1Put pumpkin on to steam before continuing (if not already cooked).
- 2Put stock on to boil in a medium saucepan, turn heat down to simmer when boiling.
- 3Fry onion in oil in a large saucepan until transparent, add capsicum, corn and carrot and fry another 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in rice and stir over heat for 1 minute.
- 5Add 1 cup of hot stock and black pepper, bring quickly to the boil.
- 6Simmer till stock is absorbed, then gradually add remainder of stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is absorbed before adding more. If desired, add wine after stock.
- 7Stir continuously until rice is tender but firm.
- 8Stir in remaining vegetables and herbs, and stir gently till heated through.
- 9Garnish with parmesan cheese and/or extra parsley.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin and Vegetable Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 556.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: