1/4 Photos of Put It Together in 15 Minutes Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
Mamma Bug's Note:
I got this recipe from Robin Miller on the Food Network. I did tweak it a bit to my taste. I love her show, hope you like this as much as we did!! By the way, I had never made lasagna before and it turned out GREAT!! I never knew you could make lasagna without boiling the noodles first! What a time saver.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to your liking)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Lasagna Sauce:
- 3Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- 4Add beef, season with salt and pepper, then brown.
- 5Stir in basil, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- 6Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- 7Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and set aside.
- 9Cheese Filling:.
- 10In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, 2/3 of the mozzarella, egg, and black pepper.
- 11Mix well.
- 12Putting it together:.
- 13Pour 1 cup of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch lasagna pan.
- 14Arrange 4 UNCOOKED lasagna noodles on top of sauce, overlapping noodles slightly to cover the bottom.
- 15Spoon half of the cheese mixture over noodles.
- 16Cover cheese mixture with 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce and 4 more noodles.
- 17Top second layer of noodles with remaining cheese mixture, 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce and 4 more noodles.
- 18Top noodles with 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 19Top with Parmesan cheese.
- 20Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes, until top is golden and bubbly.
- 21Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Put It Together in 15 Minutes Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.7
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 230.9 mg
- Sodium 913.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 63.8 g